Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
mjones mjones is offline

Default Manually change page number in Table of Figures

Hi All,

After I generate the table, I need to manually change a few page
numbers, but just one of the six will not change. I'm trying to
change the page number 0 to Appendix B, but it either takes out the
whole line or not at all, so now I have Appendix B0.

I'm not sure what to tell you since the other ones don't give me a
problem. It's the send last line in the table of figures.

It uses hyperlinks as page numbers and the standard table of figures
style.

If you wonder why, it's because the last 26 pages of Appendices don't
have page numbers in the footers so I just want to refer to the header
(trying not to scare them with the long document).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michele

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi

I haven't tested this, but I think one way around this might be to create
two tables of figures, one after the other. You will need an empty paragraph
between the two: select it and hide it or set it to 1pt if you don't want to
"see" it.

The aim would be that the first TOF shows page numbers, but does not cover
the last 26 pages. The second TOF covers only the last 26 pages and has no
page numbers, and the heading number shows in the item.

So the result would be

1. Europe.................. 3
1.1 Switzerland...... 5
1.2 Sweden............6
2. Asia
2.1 Thailand...........10
Appendix A Population of Australia
Appendix B Map of Swaziland

If that sounds right, then you merely have to decide how to distinguish the
two tables of figures. One way is to use the \b switch (look up Word's help
on this). The other is to use different styles for the headings in the two
parts of the document.

What you can't do in any straight-forward way is to have
Appendix A Population of Australia..... Appendix A

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"mjones" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

After I generate the table, I need to manually change a few page
numbers, but just one of the six will not change. I'm trying to
change the page number 0 to Appendix B, but it either takes out the
whole line or not at all, so now I have Appendix B0.

I'm not sure what to tell you since the other ones don't give me a
problem. It's the send last line in the table of figures.

It uses hyperlinks as page numbers and the standard table of figures
style.

If you wonder why, it's because the last 26 pages of Appendices don't
have page numbers in the footers so I just want to refer to the header
(trying not to scare them with the long document).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michele

page number repeats for multipage table Rachel Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 06 11:35 PM
Losing textbox on table Jack Tables 13 November 21st 06 03:09 AM
adding headers and footers to a word document PhilB Microsoft Word Help 12 October 10th 06 07:13 PM
Help-Unique Page Numbering for additional pages inserted into docu White Shoes Page Layout 8 October 6th 06 02:34 PM