Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Gerd Gerd is offline

Default Problem with copying frames

Using Word 2003 I created 2 label templates. Template 1 has 6 labels to a
page in landscape mode. Label 2 has 4 label to a page in portrait mode.

Each label has a frame at the bottom with our company and web information.
The frame is at a fixed position and does not move with the text.

When I change the first label to use different text, then copy that entire
label and paste it to the other labels on the page the frame is copied to
all other labels without any problem.

However, when I do the very same on the template 2 the frame is not copied
to the next label, which forces me to copy the frame separately. Once I
copied the frame to label 2 then select that entire label and paste it to
labels 3 and 4 the frame is copied as well.

I checked the frame setup which appears to be the very same. I just can't
figure out why one template works and the other one doesn't.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Gerd,

Are the frames in both templates anchored to the same points (eg each label or all on the first label)?

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Gerd" wrote in message ...
| Using Word 2003 I created 2 label templates. Template 1 has 6 labels to a
| page in landscape mode. Label 2 has 4 label to a page in portrait mode.
|
| Each label has a frame at the bottom with our company and web information.
| The frame is at a fixed position and does not move with the text.
|
| When I change the first label to use different text, then copy that entire
| label and paste it to the other labels on the page the frame is copied to
| all other labels without any problem.
|
| However, when I do the very same on the template 2 the frame is not copied
| to the next label, which forces me to copy the frame separately. Once I
| copied the frame to label 2 then select that entire label and paste it to
| labels 3 and 4 the frame is copied as well.
|
| I checked the frame setup which appears to be the very same. I just can't
| figure out why one template works and the other one doesn't.
|
| Thanks for any help in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Gerd Gerd is offline

The first one is anchored at a fixed position. When copying on the 6-label
template the frame is copied to the other 5 labels with the correct
position.

"Gerd" wrote in message
| Using Word 2003 I created 2 label templates. Template 1 has 6 labels to
| page in landscape mode. Label 2 has 4 label to a page in portrait mode.
|
| Each label has a frame at the bottom with our company and web
information.
| The frame is at a fixed position and does not move with the text.
|
| When I change the first label to use different text, then copy that
entire
| label and paste it to the other labels on the page the frame is copied
| all other labels without any problem.
|
| However, when I do the very same on the template 2 the frame is not
copied
| to the next label, which forces me to copy the frame separately. Once I
| copied the frame to label 2 then select that entire label and paste it
| labels 3 and 4 the frame is copied as well.
|
| I checked the frame setup which appears to be the very same. I just
can't
| figure out why one template works and the other one doesn't.
|
| Thanks for any help in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Gerd,

Yes, but how do the anchor points in the two versions compare? Are they all anchored to the same point(s)?

Cheers

"Gerd" wrote in message
| Using Word 2003 I created 2 label templates. Template 1 has 6 labels to
| page in landscape mode. Label 2 has 4 label to a page in portrait mode.
|
| Each label has a frame at the bottom with our company and web
information.
| The frame is at a fixed position and does not move with the text.
|
| When I change the first label to use different text, then copy that
entire
| label and paste it to the other labels on the page the frame is copied
| all other labels without any problem.
|
| However, when I do the very same on the template 2 the frame is not
copied
| to the next label, which forces me to copy the frame separately. Once I
| copied the frame to label 2 then select that entire label and paste it
| labels 3 and 4 the frame is copied as well.
|
| I checked the frame setup which appears to be the very same. I just
can't
| figure out why one template works and the other one doesn't.
|
| Thanks for any help in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Gerd Gerd is offline

On my 6 to a page template I have the following Format Text Box setting on
the advanced layout tab.

Horizontal Absolute position .07" to the right of Column
Vertical Absolute position 2.87" below Marging.
Options Move object with text unchecked,
Allow overlap checked
Lock anchor unchecked
Layout in table cell checked

Those values are the same for each label on the page.

On the 4 to a page template have
Horizontal Absolute position .32" to the right of Column
Vertical Absolute position 2.97" below Marging.

"Gerd" wrote in message
| Using Word 2003 I created 2 label templates. Template 1 has 6 labels
to a
| page in landscape mode. Label 2 has 4 label to a page in portrait
mode.

| Each label has a frame at the bottom with our company and web
information.
| The frame is at a fixed position and does not move with the text.
|
| When I change the first label to use different text, then copy that
entire
| label and paste it to the other labels on the page the frame is copied
| all other labels without any problem.
|
| However, when I do the very same on the template 2 the frame is not
copied
| to the next label, which forces me to copy the frame separately. Once
| copied the frame to label 2 then select that entire label and paste it
| labels 3 and 4 the frame is copied as well.
|
| I checked the frame setup which appears to be the very same. I just
can't
| figure out why one template works and the other one doesn't.
|
| Thanks for any help in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Gerd,

I don't think we're on the same wavelength here.

When you click on a floating shape, such as a textbox, a little anchor symbol should appear somewhere on the page. That tells you
what the shape is anchored to. For all the textboxes, are the anchor positions consistent across both documents? If not, making them
so (you can select & drag them around) in the problem document should provide a fix.

Cheers

frames Bob Microsoft Word Help 2 August 17th 06 07:29 PM
Problem with Frames and Tab Order headly Page Layout 1 March 30th 06 03:25 PM
PROBLEM: copying & pasting formatted text & pictures into Word... .woes :S KevinGPO New Users 1 March 2nd 06 01:25 PM
Copying a frames page to a cd Ryan Microsoft Word Help 1 September 10th 05 12:53 AM
frames Frank Drost Microsoft Word Help 1 June 23rd 05 10:24 AM