Posted to microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Newbie Newbie is offline

Default Text duplicating/ghosting over 2 pages

Hi All

I can't explain this very clearly because its very weird, but hopefully you
will make sense of the following:

1) I have a 40 or so page Word 2000 doc, which consists of around 80% of
table layouts, but simple table layouts at that.

2) On pages 20 - 21 a table has say 3 rows (with 5 cols) on page 20 and then
because of the text in the 3rd row's cells this 3rd row continues on page 21
and then another 2 rows are used on page 21. Basically what I'm trying to
say is that the same table has a row that continues/overlaps onto 2 pages.

3) ON PRINTOUT: In the last cell of the 3rd (last row) of page 20, a line of
text appears but is slightly obscured horizontally, ie the bottoms of the
chars are slightly chopped by the table row line.

In the last cell of the same 3rd row in page 21 (although obviously
displayed as the 1st row in this page), this same line of text appears
again.

ON SCREEN IN PAGE LAYOUT MODE: In the last cell of the 3rd (last row) of
page 20, the line of text is displayed and is slightly obscured
horizontally, ie the bottoms of the chars is slightly chopped by the table
row line, but this line does not appear on page 21.

4) Looking at the pages in Normal (??) mode I can see a dotted line to show
where the table row is chopped to go onto the next page, but what is weird
is that the 2nd to last cell's horizontal dotted line is slightly lower than
the other cells.

No matter what I do I can't get them all to line up and I think this is the
reason why the line of text prints on both page 20 and page 21, even though
the physical text in the doc only shows this line once.

Any ideas on how I can correct this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I just realized that you posted your question more than once. For a possible
solution, see my post below this thread:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...a-5e03063e6326

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg