Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Octavee Uhl Octavee Uhl is offline

Default Header Footer problem in Endnotes section

Hi,

I have the following problem in word 2002:
I have the document divided in 20 sections. I use Endnotes at the End of
Section.
Sections 1-19 in the book has the Page setup formating:
Different First Page
Different odd and even pages
Supress Endnotes

This works fine as long as I am in the section where the endnotes are
suppressed.
When I am at the end of the book where the endnotes are all printed I have a
problem.
Now the Endnotes behave like they are all 'First Pages' instead of
'Different odd and even pages'.
In another document it does work, but in this one it does not. Is there
anything I do wrong?

Thanks
Octavee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Hi Octavee

Octavee Uhl wrote:
I have the following problem in word 2002:
I have the document divided in 20 sections. I use Endnotes at the End of
Section.
Sections 1-19 in the book has the Page setup formating:
Different First Page
Different odd and even pages
Supress Endnotes

And section 20 has ...?

This works fine as long as I am in the section where the endnotes are
suppressed.
When I am at the end of the book where the endnotes are all printed I have a
problem.
Now the Endnotes behave like they are all 'First Pages' instead of
'Different odd and even pages'.
In another document it does work, but in this one it does not. Is there
anything I do wrong?

The Endnotes will be at the end of section 20. Is anything else in there?

First make sure section 20 has the properties regarding H&F that you
intend it to have. Then create (temporarily) 3 page breaks at the start
of section 20. How do the pages' H&F behave? now?

0.2¢
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Octavee Uhl Octavee Uhl is offline

Hi Robert,

thanks for your post.
Section 20 (21) has the same formating then the other sections, that is: Different First Page, Different Odd and Even Pages.

Section 19 [last chapter]

Section Break (next page)

Section 20 (Does not supress endnotes)

The Header is same as previous / different first page / different odd and even

Right under the header it says : Section Break (next page), but it stays on the page.

Strange thing is that I can not jump to 21 Section Header, but I can jump to 21 Section Footer

I think I fixed it after all. I inserted several Section Breaks, and was able to unlock the header connection to the previous pages. After this I deleted the section breaks again.

Octavee

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote in message ...
Hi Octavee

Octavee Uhl wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Octavee Uhl wrote:
[..]
*I think I fixed it after all. I inserted several Section Breaks, and
was able to unlock the header connection to the previous pages. After
this I deleted the section breaks again.*

Glad you got it sorted out: maybe you had a mildly corrupt section
break, these things can be quite ugly to sort out (sometimes you need to
rebuild the document's structure, i.e., past the content, section-wise,
into a new document.

Greetings
Robert
--