Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
yepp yepp is offline

Default autotext in template

Using MSWord 2003 SP2:

I have created a template for another user. I included autotext
entries and created a new label for captions, etc. in this template.
I emailed the template to this user, and when they open it up, these
additions are not shown. I thought all would travel with the template.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

When you defined the autotext entries, did you check what was showing in the
'Look in' drop-down? -- this determines where the entries get saved (the
default is normal.dot, not the current document template).

"yepp" wrote in message
oups.com...
Using MSWord 2003 SP2:

I have created a template for another user. I included autotext
entries and created a new label for captions, etc. in this template.
I emailed the template to this user, and when they open it up, these
additions are not shown. I thought all would travel with the template.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
yepp yepp is offline

"yepp" wrote in message

oups.com...

Using MSWord 2003 SP2:

I have created a template for another user. I included autotext
entries and created a new label for captions, etc. in this template.
I emailed the template to this user, and when they open it up, these
additions are not shown. I thought all would travel with the template.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, that was the problem. I still can't figure out why the labels I
created for captions does not carry over to the template. Thanks for
your help!