Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
geekdna geekdna is offline

Default unwanted border on pleading paper

I work with legal docs in Word 2003 in XP. I have a problem with a border
printing around the vertical numbers down the left side of the page on
pleading paper. The only way to access the text box is from the header/footer
view. Going into formatting and page setup options, the border box is marked
"none" and everywhere else is fine. It also is printing on just the 1st page
of any document that I print (so if I only print pg 3 of a doc, that pg has
the pleading number border, otherwise, if I print the whole doc, it's just pg
1). I can't use the "different page 1" option in the header/footer setup,
because the pleading nos. have to be on every page.

Help, it's driving me (and my boss) crazy! This is happening on docs that
have been in use for years. The same doc prints out fine from other computers
in the office, so it's not problem intrinsic to the doc, but in my settings.
I can't find anywhere that would account for that. My expertise is
Wordperfect, I'm sorry to say. I know that program inside and out. Word is
generally okay but anything fancy and I get a headache!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
automandc automandc is offline

Have you tried printing from the same computer but to a different printer?
This sounds like a printer settings issue to me, since it always happens on
the first page of the print job, rather than a specific page of the document.

"geekdna" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
automandc automandc is offline

Yes, but I am thinking that there may be a problem with the "Printer
Settings" on your computer. If you can print to another printer --
particularly if it is a different model (i.e., uses a different printer
driver), it would determine whether the problem is in your computer's print
settings (which are independent of Word). Have you tried printing a non-word
document?

If you open "Printers and Faxes" and right-click on the icon for your
printer you should see an option for "Printing Preferences..."
Unfortunately, the options you'll find under there vary widely from
printer-type to printer-type, so it might be hard to troubleshoot remotely.
However, if you poke around in there you might find a setting that is causing
this behavior.

Worse comes to worse, you can uninstall the printer and reinstall it, which
should reset it to the default settings.

"geekdna" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
geekdna geekdna is offline

It only happens in Word with pleading docs only (formatted for court), only
from my computer. No printer settings are different. No other text boxes are
bordered, just the one on pleading paper numbering the sentences.