Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Christi[_2_] Christi[_2_] is offline

Default Registry - Line Spacing Settings???

Windows XP, Office 2003 SP2

I need to change the default line spacing settings for one user. I do not
want to do this on the Normal.dot because we share the normal.dot template
throughout the whole office. Is there a registry setting I can add\change
that will change the line spacing for just this user?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Henk57[_4_] Henk57[_4_] is offline

Christi;2028900 Wrote:
Windows XP, Office 2003 SP2

I need to change the default line spacing settings for one user. I do
not
want to do this on the Normal.dot because we share the normal.dot
template
throughout the whole office. Is there a registry setting I can
add\change
that will change the line spacing for just this user?

Not sure what you mean by changing the registry, but my idea would be
to create a new template for this particular user (say Normal2.dot)
with the settings of your choice (line changing). This can be based on
normal.dot. Open normal.dot, make the desired change and save as
Normal2.dot. Attach this template to the documents of this particular
user.
HTH, Henk

--
Henk57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

No, the setting is in normal.dot or whatever template the document is based
on. The problem you describe is precisely why sharing normal.dot is a Bad
Idea. (Apart from people's natural wish to customise any number of other
features of Word, also saved in normal.dot.)

"Christi" wrote in message
Windows XP, Office 2003 SP2

I need to change the default line spacing settings for one user. I do not
want to do this on the Normal.dot because we share the normal.dot template
throughout the whole office. Is there a registry setting I can add\change
that will change the line spacing for just this user?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You cannot share the Normal.dot file among multiple users in Word
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811468