Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Ricki Miles Ricki Miles is offline

Default Bookmarks

I am working in Word 2003. I have a bookmark that I didn't create with the
name "OLE_LINK1". Can anyone suggest how it got in the bookmark list?

Thanks,

Ricki

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Those get inserted automatically if you cross-reference to the document, or
if you cut and paste from that document to another.

"Ricki Miles" wrote in message
I am working in Word 2003. I have a bookmark that I didn't create with the
name "OLE_LINK1". Can anyone suggest how it got in the bookmark list?

Thanks,

Ricki

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Ricki,

Word sometimes does this if you copy text from one part of your document and insert it elsewhere in the same or another document,
especially if you paste the copied material as a link (eg via Edit|Paste Special). Cross-referencing, per se, has nothing to do with
it. There's no satisfactory explanation for why Word sometimes inserts these bookmarks when no linking is involved.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

Bookmarks ll Microsoft Word Help 1 March 6th 07 11:32 PM
Can I have more than one set of bookmarks Larry Root Microsoft Word Help 2 February 4th 07 10:30 AM
bookmarks Zimmo Microsoft Word Help 4 December 21st 06 10:54 PM
BookMarks Sondra Microsoft Word Help 1 August 25th 06 09:02 PM
Bookmarks Brady Finney Tables 1 February 23rd 05 09:12 PM