Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Mark[_2_] Mark[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 and RD field

I just switched from Word 2002 to Word 2007. In the past, I have used the
RD command to create tables of contents from multiple documents. Is this
field still available for Word 2007, or is there some other way to do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 12:10:35 -0500, "Mark"
wrote:

I just switched from Word 2002 to Word 2007. In the past, I have used the
RD command to create tables of contents from multiple documents. Is this
field still available for Word 2007, or is there some other way to do it?

RD fields certainly are still available, and nothing about their
behavior has changed.

There are no new features in 2007 related to this process. An
alternative to RD fields, also available in earlier versions, is to
use INCLUDETEXT fields to link the documents into one big document,
and generate the TOC there.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman