Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
geotso geotso is offline

Default build-in style not displayed in word 2007

I use (among others) the built-in styles "Comment Subject" and "Comment
Text". However when I use the option "Show styles in current document", only
the "Comment Subject" style is displayed in the Pane with the Styles list.
So, every time I want to apply the "Comment Text" style in a paragraph I
have to activate the option "Show All styles", select the "Comment text"
style, and then re-activate the former option. (I prefer "Show styles in
current document" than "Show styles in use", while I don't understand why
these two are different: "The Show styles in use" doesn't mean "in current
document"?)

How to display the "Comment text" style in the Styles list?

--
Please, remove hyphens to contact me

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:02:48 +0300, "geotso"
wrote:

I use (among others) the built-in styles "Comment Subject" and "Comment
Text". However when I use the option "Show styles in current document", only
the "Comment Subject" style is displayed in the Pane with the Styles list.
So, every time I want to apply the "Comment Text" style in a paragraph I
have to activate the option "Show All styles", select the "Comment text"
style, and then re-activate the former option. (I prefer "Show styles in
current document" than "Show styles in use", while I don't understand why
these two are different: "The Show styles in use" doesn't mean "in current
document"?)

How to display the "Comment text" style in the Styles list?

At the bottom of the Styles task pane, click the third button from the
left (Manage Styles). Click the Recommend tab. Select your two styles
and click the Show button to change their designation from "Hide until
used". You can also use the Move Up or Assign Value buttons to change
their places in the list.

I believe the theoretical difference between the "in use" and "in
current document" options is supposed to be that "in current document"
includes styles that are _defined_ (using the New Style button and
including the option "Only in this document"). In practice, "in
current document" also appears to include styles that have _ever_ been
used in the document, even if that text has been removed or
reformatted and the style isn't currently used.

I may be wrong about that -- as far as I know, there's no public
documentation of what these choices are intended to do.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
geotso geotso is offline

At the bottom of the Styles task pane, click the third button from the
left (Manage Styles). Click the Recommend tab. Select your two styles
and click the Show button to change their designation from "Hide until
used". You can also use the Move Up or Assign Value buttons to change
their places in the list.

Yes! That's it! Thank you!

I believe the theoretical difference between the "in use" and "in
current document" options is supposed to be that "in current document"
includes styles that are _defined_ (using the New Style button and
including the option "Only in this document"). In practice, "in
current document" also appears to include styles that have _ever_ been
used in the document, even if that text has been removed or
reformatted and the style isn't currently used.

I may be wrong about that -- as far as I know, there's no public
documentation of what these choices are intended to do.

I'll take it, since there's no other opinion :-)

Thanks again