Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jim Bunton[_2_] Jim Bunton[_2_] is offline

Default Auto format --------

Word 2000
when I use a part line of -------------
to separate one part of my document from another
Word automatically converts it to 'something else' a row of some charatcetr
it chooses and makes this a full row.

The same occures for
*********
_________
=========

I want to switch this feature off but haven't been able to find out how to
do this.

I would prefer to retain some of the autoformat features rather than have o
turn them all off.

--
Jim Bunton

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Tools autocorrect options autoformat as you type uncheck - Apply as
you type 'border lines'.

Jim Bunton wrote:
Word 2000
when I use a part line of -------------
to separate one part of my document from another
Word automatically converts it to 'something else' a row of some
charatcetr it chooses and makes this a full row.

The same occures for
*********
_________
=========

I want to switch this feature off but haven't been able to find out
how to do this.

I would prefer to retain some of the autoformat features rather than
have o turn them all off.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jim Bunton[_2_] Jim Bunton[_2_] is offline

Thanks Suzanne
The link you gave provided the solution to the problem

Jim Bunton

"Jim Bunton" wrote in message
Word 2000
when I use a part line of -------------
to separate one part of my document from another
Word automatically converts it to 'something else' a row of some
charatcetr
it chooses and makes this a full row.

The same occures for
*********
_________
=========

I want to switch this feature off but haven't been able to find out how
do this.

I would prefer to retain some of the autoformat features rather than have
o turn them all off.

--
Jim Bunton

Auto Format Jim Bee[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 1 March 14th 07 03:25 PM
Auto-format Chip Smith Microsoft Word Help 1 October 3rd 06 06:01 AM
Auto format Bill Mac Microsoft Word Help 3 October 7th 05 07:16 PM
auto format msdobe Microsoft Word Help 3 August 1st 05 12:41 AM
auto format vb Formatting Long Documents 2 July 27th 05 01:35 PM