Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
FMC FMC is offline

Default Footers, text & page numbers

I am a new user of word - just installed word 2007. I am attempting to make
up a recipe booklet for my extended family and have compiled all the recipes
- 2 pages to each sheet of paper. I have numbered them all sequentially
1,2,3,4,5,.....45.
Now I am trying to add different text to some of the page footers . If I
add text to one page it appears on all pages. If I insert a section break,
the numbers restart at page 1. To clarify for example: I want pages 1-5 to
have DESSERTS as a text in the footer; For pages 6-10, I want to use
APPETIZERS as another text, and so on thru the document. I've spent hours
pouring thru all the help articles on Headers, Footers, Page Numbers, Page
Breaks, etc. but none seem to address my problem.
Can anyone out there help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Your numbering shouldn't be restarting at 1, and you can easily set it to
"Continue from previous section" in the Insert | Header & Footer | Page
Number | Format Page Numbers.

But if you have used a specific style for a heading that says DESSERTS or
APPETIZERS, you don't need section breaks to change the header text; you can
use a StyleRef field; see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm or
http://office.microsoft.com/client/h...WORD&lcid=1033.

"FMC" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
FMC FMC is offline

Thanks very much Suzanne for your quick response. I tried your
recommendation and it worked like a charm. I'm back on track again.