Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Grandma Grandma is offline

Default I can't find the Fleisch Reading Guide in this system.

My laptop (ME) has the Fleisch Reading Guide on the Tools menu and I find it
valuable. This is a new PC and I can't find it - it was on the old one but
that's no help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Well done Granny, a new laptop. But that really isn't sufficient information
as we cannot know which version of Word is installed. But putting on my
clairvoyant's outfit (see Post Script below), I guess it is Word 2007?
Simply press F7 to run the grammar/spelling checker. When it is complete, a
summary dialog pops up that includes word, line, page counts and reading
statistics.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

PS The government now requires me to state that clairvoyance is an
entertainment only.

"Grandma" wrote in message
My laptop (ME) has the Fleisch Reading Guide on the Tools menu and I find
it
valuable. This is a new PC and I can't find it - it was on the old one but
that's no help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

One slightly more technical point -- to get the reading statistics to appear
after the spell check, the option for it has to be turned on, and I think by
default it's turned off. To verify it, go to Office button Word Options
Proofing, in the section labeled "When correcting spelling and grammar in
Word", and make sure the option "Show readability statistics" is checked.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman