Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
James James is offline

Default Footer after page 'x'

Okay, I'm really stumped on this one. I have a customer in HR that is doing
an annual report and she wants to have a footer in her report but she wants
it to start after page 3. Her first page is a cover, the next is the table
of contents, and then her report starts on page 3 and runs for 40 pages.

It is easy to turn off footers by 'different page one' but can you start the
footer by some other means beginning on page 'x' (or in this case page 3)?

Thanks for your assistance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi James,

The best approach is to insert a 'Next page' Section break after the TOC. Then format the new Section to start with 'Different first
page'. Once you've done that, open up the footer on page 4, make sure it's unlinked from the previous Section then insert the
required footer text.

--
Cheers
macropod

"James" wrote in message ...
Okay, I'm really stumped on this one. I have a customer in HR that is doing
an annual report and she wants to have a footer in her report but she wants
it to start after page 3. Her first page is a cover, the next is the table
of contents, and then her report starts on page 3 and runs for 40 pages.

It is easy to turn off footers by 'different page one' but can you start the
footer by some other means beginning on page 'x' (or in this case page 3)?

Thanks for your assistance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

macropod has given you the classic answer: a section break. He assumes you
want to start numbering on page 4 ("after page 3"), but later you say
"beginning on page 'x' (or in this case page 3)," in which case you don't
need the "Different first page" setting.

Another way to approach this (without a section break) is to use a
conditional footer:

{ IF { PAGE } 3 "Footer to appear on page 3ff" }

If you really want the footer to start on page 3, then use 2 instead of 3 in
the field above. Note that each pair of field delimiters (the things that
look like braces but can't be typed from the keyboard) must be inserted
using Ctrl+F9. Note that you can type or paste anything you like between the
quotes in that field.