Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Carin Carin is offline

Default New document formatting

When I open a new word 07 document the formatting on the page is Landscape
and set for multiple columns. So when I type and reach the end of a page, it
does not automatically add a new page. Also when I try to mess with the
margins, it won't let me because of the default columns. How do I change the
default?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, choose Columns | More
Columns... Click on the preset picture for One and click OK. If this solves
the problem in the current document, then you will need to find and open
Normal.dotm and do the same thing. If you don't want Landscape orientation,
you can correct this while you have Normal.dotm open, or you can change this
in Page Setup (in any new blank document) and click Default...