Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
shellig shellig is offline

Default Cannot Format Object within a Table

I do not see the "Format Object" when right-clicking on an object that I had
inserted directly into a table. The only workaround is to copy the object,
paste it into an area outside the table (or drag it out), right-click, format
object and then cut and paste it back into the table.
This only appears to be an issue with inserting objects into tables.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

shellig wrote:
I do not see the "Format Object" when right-clicking on an object
that I had inserted directly into a table. The only workaround is to
copy the object, paste it into an area outside the table (or drag it
out), right-click, format object and then cut and paste it back into
the table.
This only appears to be an issue with inserting objects into tables.

You're correct that the Format Object command isn't on the right-click
(context) menu when the object is in a table. However, in Word 2003 and
earlier, click on the object to select it; you'll find Object at the bottom
of the Format menu.

In Word 2007, some objects can be selected to make another tab appear on the
ribbon, which includes the formatting tools you'd expect to find in a Format
Object dialog. Others (such as PDF objects) don't do that, so your
workaround is needed.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman