Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Gary Watson Gary Watson is offline

Default table not displaying all text in cell

I have a 300 page document with some large tables.
Some of the cells in the tables are also quite large - over a page long.
When viewed in Normal mode, the text is visiable, but in print preview and
when printed, all the text that would be on the second page is not displayed.

Is there a way around this "feature".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Ensure that for the row in question, you have "Allow row to break across
pages" checked, this is found under Table, Table Properties, Row tab.
Hope this helps.
DeanH

"Gary Watson" wrote:

I have a 300 page document with some large tables.
Some of the cells in the tables are also quite large - over a page long.
When viewed in Normal mode, the text is visiable, but in print preview and
when printed, all the text that would be on the second page is not displayed.

Is there a way around this "feature".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jaz Jaz is offline

SAME PROBLEM HERE!!!

I tried this solution BUT my box that says "Allow row to break across pages"
is grayed out so I cannot check this box. Any suggestions?

"Gary Watson" wrote:

I have a 300 page document with some large tables.
Some of the cells in the tables are also quite large - over a page long.
When viewed in Normal mode, the text is visiable, but in print preview and
when printed, all the text that would be on the second page is not displayed.

Is there a way around this "feature".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Make sure the text wrapping is set to none.

PamC

JAZ wrote:
SAME PROBLEM HERE!!!

I tried this solution BUT my box that says "Allow row to break across pages"
is grayed out so I cannot check this box. Any suggestions?

Ensure that for the row in question, you have "Allow row to break across
pages" checked, this is found under Table, Table Properties, Row tab.

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Is there a way around this "feature".