Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Marcel Dijkstra Marcel Dijkstra is offline

Default Table on Top of Page

Can anybody tell me how to start a new page with a table if the new page is
created by a manual page break (Ctrl+Enter). I always seem to get a white
line before the table starts. The only way which seem to work is to manually
enter a lot of white lines between the table and the last line of text on the
page, without the white line on top. But this should be possible with a
manual page break? Why is this so difficult?

Regards,
Marcel Dijkstra

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Marcel,

I don't know the technical reason why this is problematic. I suspect that a
PageBreak is not capable of holding a table object so a new paragraph (which
is) is created. You can work around it by inserting your table on the
current page and then formatting the first parargraph of the table with a
Page Break Before (FormatParagraphLines and Breaks).

or you could insert a default table with a macro:

Sub ScratchMacro()
Dim oTbl As Table
Set oTbl = Selection.Tables.Add(Selection.Range, 2, 5, True)
oTbl.Cell(1, 1).Range.ParagraphFormat.PageBreakBefore = True
End Sub

Marcel Dijkstra wrote:
Can anybody tell me how to start a new page with a table if the new
page is created by a manual page break (Ctrl+Enter). I always seem to
get a white line before the table starts. The only way which seem to
work is to manually enter a lot of white lines between the table and
the last line of text on the previous page. With enough white lines
entered, the table jumps to the next page, without the white line on

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
No Name

Inert the table as usual on the current page and then add PageBreakBefore
format to the first cell of the table.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Marcel Dijkstra" wrote in
message ...
Can anybody tell me how to start a new page with a table if the new page
is
created by a manual page break (Ctrl+Enter). I always seem to get a white
line before the table starts. The only way which seem to work is to
manually
enter a lot of white lines between the table and the last line of text on
next
page, without the white line on top. But this should be possible with a
manual page break? Why is this so difficult?

Regards,
Marcel Dijkstra

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

In W2007, when you insert a manual page break before a table, Word inserts
two returns after the break. You can delete one of them.

PamC

wrote:
Inert the table as usual on the current page and then add PageBreakBefore
format to the first cell of the table.

Can anybody tell me how to start a new page with a table if the new page
is

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
Regards,
Marcel Dijkstra

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] denbaranov@gmail.com is offline

Thank you very much! I just spent a good 30 minutes battling page
breaks and tables. This is the best advice I've seen in a while!

Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org