Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BobRob BobRob is offline

Default Data Form in Word 2007

Help please .... I have just upgrade from Office Pro 2003 to Office Pro 2007.
I use mail merge periodically using data I input into a Word table. In Word
2003 this could be done using a data form BUT I cannot find the equivalent
form in 2007. Where is it?

Also in Word 2007 I placed an icon called "Address Book" which accessed my
Outlook contacts and was very useful for inserting addesses into a word
document. IIn Word 2007 I cannot find how to insert this address book icon
into a tool bar.

All advice welcome
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Help please .... I have just upgrade from Office Pro 2003 to Office
Pro 2007.
I use mail merge periodically using data I input into a Word table.

In Word
2003 this could be done using a data form BUT I cannot find the

equivalent
form in 2007. Where is it?

Try Mailings tab-Edit Recipients then select the data source file name
in the box at the lower left of the dialog box, then click Edit.

Also in Word 2007 I placed an icon called "Address Book" which

accessed my
Outlook contacts and was very useful for inserting addesses into a word
document. IIn Word 2007 I cannot find how to insert this address book

icon
into a tool bar.

Go to Word Office Button (the big button at the top left of the Word
window), then Word Options-Customize. In the "Choose Commands from"
dropdown, select All Commands. Then look down the list below for Address
Book... and click Add to add it to the Quick Access Toolbar, which you
can see to the right of the Office Button (or below the ribbon if you
have changed the relevant setting.

This is probably the simplest equivalent in Word 2007 of "adding an
option to a
toolbar" in Word 2003.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

On 04/10/2009 13:52, BobRob wrote:
Help please .... I have just upgrade from Office Pro 2003 to Office Pro 2007.
I use mail merge periodically using data I input into a Word table. In Word
2003 this could be done using a data form BUT I cannot find the equivalent
form in 2007. Where is it?

Also in Word 2007 I placed an icon called "Address Book" which accessed my
Outlook contacts and was very useful for inserting addesses into a word
document. IIn Word 2007 I cannot find how to insert this address book icon
into a tool bar.

All advice welcome

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BobRob BobRob is offline

Peter,

Many thanks. What would us simple lads do without you clever helpers?