Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MDM-1 MDM-1 is offline

Default Mail Merge in table - duplicates table for each item

I'm trying to get mail merge template made that has a table that list
multiply products. I first had problems with the whole template (heading,
addresses, etc) being duplicated for ever item in the table. I was able to
solve that by using the
{IF {MERGESEQ} = "1" " .

But my problem now is to get the items to list in table with that statement.
Here is the code that I have tried to get working for the products.

{MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}
{SET Product1 {MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}} {IF {Product2} {Product1}
{MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}}

Thank you advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi MDM-1,

I replyied to your same question about this on 29 September. Did you try the method in the tutorial I pointed you to?

--
Cheers
macropod

"MDM-1" wrote in message ...
I'm trying to get mail merge template made that has a table that list
multiply products. I first had problems with the whole template (heading,
addresses, etc) being duplicated for ever item in the table. I was able to
solve that by using the
{IF {MERGESEQ} = "1" " .

But my problem now is to get the items to list in table with that statement.
Here is the code that I have tried to get working for the products.

{MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}
{SET Product1 {MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}} {IF {Product2} {Product1}
{MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}}

Thank you advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MDM-1 MDM-1 is offline

Hi Macropod

I went thru the tutorial and I really appreciate the link. It helped some
but I still have something that is causing a problem. I know that the problem
has to be simple and something that I'm not understanding in the logic of the
way this should work.

Thanks
MDM-1

"MDM-1" wrote in message ...
I'm trying to get mail merge template made that has a table that list
multiply products. I first had problems with the whole template (heading,
addresses, etc) being duplicated for ever item in the table. I was able to
solve that by using the
{IF {MERGESEQ} = "1" " .

But my problem now is to get the items to list in table with that statement.
Here is the code that I have tried to get working for the products.

{MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}
{SET Product1 {MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}} {IF {Product2} {Product1}
{MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}}

Thank you advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MDM-1 MDM-1 is offline

Hi macropod:

Went back thru the Tutorial and tried changing some my code back to match
what is used for the example, but no luck. Is there a reference site that has
a list of all the functions that can be used in a mail-merge?

Thanks Again
MDM-1

"MDM-1" wrote in message ...
I'm trying to get mail merge template made that has a table that list
multiply products. I first had problems with the whole template (heading,
addresses, etc) being duplicated for ever item in the table. I was able to
solve that by using the
{IF {MERGESEQ} = "1" " .

But my problem now is to get the items to list in table with that statement.
Here is the code that I have tried to get working for the products.

{MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}
{SET Product1 {MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}} {IF {Product2} {Product1}
{MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}}

Thank you advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi MDM-1,

but I still have something that is causing a problem.

OK, but if you're not going to sy what the problem is, no-one is likely to be able to help you.

--
Cheers
macropod

"MDM-1" wrote in message ...
I'm trying to get mail merge template made that has a table that list
multiply products. I first had problems with the whole template (heading,
addresses, etc) being duplicated for ever item in the table. I was able to
solve that by using the
{IF {MERGESEQ} = "1" " .

But my problem now is to get the items to list in table with that statement.
Here is the code that I have tried to get working for the products.

{MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}
{SET Product1 {MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}} {IF {Product2} {Product1}
{MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}}

Thank you advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi MDM-1

Is there a reference site that has a list of all the functions that can be used in a mail-merge?

Not that I'm aware of, but the tutorial should give you a good idea of some of the fields that can be used, and I would have thought
these, along with their switches, would be sufficient to cover 99% of users' needs.

--
Cheers
macropod

"MDM-1" wrote in message ...
I'm trying to get mail merge template made that has a table that list
multiply products. I first had problems with the whole template (heading,
addresses, etc) being duplicated for ever item in the table. I was able to
solve that by using the
{IF {MERGESEQ} = "1" " .

But my problem now is to get the items to list in table with that statement.
Here is the code that I have tried to get working for the products.

{MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}
{SET Product1 {MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}} {IF {Product2} {Product1}
{MERGEFIELD "Product_ID"}}

Thank you advance

Table duplicates itself on second page Beccalynn Tables 2 December 30th 08 02:21 PM
duplicates in mail merge Jerim79 Mailmerge 1 November 23rd 06 04:40 AM
many duplicates when i try to mail merge labels mr_malkovich Mailmerge 1 January 6th 06 06:44 AM
Mail merge duplicates pcor Mailmerge 3 December 23rd 05 03:09 PM
Duplicates in mail merge Stephanie Mailmerge 1 April 9th 05 09:43 AM