Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JamesW JamesW is offline

Default Mailmerge to A5 on A4 paper

I am trying to set up a mailmerge so that I have two copies of a certificate
on an A4 landscape page. If I set it up at the moment all I am getting is
the same name on both parts of the page and if I go on a page it move to the
next name. Can anyone tell me how to set this up correctly?

Thanks
--
James
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Complete the certificate in the top half of the page and change the merge
document type to Catalog/Directory
or
Complete two copies of the certificate on the page, leave the document type
as Letter and put a Next record fiild immediately before the second copy.

JamesW wrote:
I am trying to set up a mailmerge so that I have two copies of a
certificate on an A4 landscape page. If I set it up at the moment
all I am getting is the same name on both parts of the page and if I
go on a page it move to the next name. Can anyone tell me how to set
this up correctly?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JamesW JamesW is offline

Thanks for the previous reply.
We put the next record field in before the name field on the 2nd half of the
A4 page and that moved the name on one however the first name on the next
page is the same as the 2nd name on the previous page. The same thing
happens in I put a next record field before each of the name fields
--
James

JamesW wrote:
I am trying to set up a mailmerge so that I have two copies of a
certificate on an A4 landscape page. If I set it up at the moment
all I am getting is the same name on both parts of the page and if I
go on a page it move to the next name. Can anyone tell me how to set
this up correctly?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You have to complete the merge for it to show the correct records. Merge to
a new document.
You only need one Next record field and that goes before the second name
field.