Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lint Lint is offline

Default How to turn on compatability mode

When trying to open an old word document doc. it comes up saying that there
is a problem sending the command ?.

My friend has the compatability mode showing on her PC but doesn't know how
it got there.

How can I "turn it on" for my PC as when it does appear that the document
has been sent, a new word document shows but the Microsoft button does not
show the convert or switch for the compatability mode.

Thus, any work I do at my office PC, I can't open on Windows 7. I can
create new documents in 7 but this situation is not satisfactory.

Please help - anyone - as I am really thinking I should go back to Windows XP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You are using a version of Office prior to Word 2007 (which you have at
work)? Download the FREE Compatibility pack from the Microsoft Office
support site. This will give you the ability to open and edit Word 2007
docx/dotx format and provide you with all the new 'C' fonts. That will
remove the need for you to use Compatibility Mode.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP