Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
geotso[_2_] geotso[_2_] is offline

Default Custom icons

In word 2007, under word options customize modify there is a "Modify
button" dialog box. Is there a way to add some icons of mine?
--
geotso
---- ---- --- -- -- - -
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Creating custom icons can be done in Word 2007, but it's more difficult than
in previous versions. Take a look at the article at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Custom_Icons.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"geotso" wrote in message
In word 2007, under word options customize modify there is a "Modify
button" dialog box. Is there a way to add some icons of mine?
--
geotso
---- ---- --- -- -- - -
Please, remove hyphens to contact me
---- ---- --- -- -- - -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
geotso[_2_] geotso[_2_] is offline

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Creating custom icons can be done in Word 2007, but it's more difficult than
in previous versions. Take a look at the article at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Custom_Icons.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Stefan,

Thank you very much for your answer.
I followed the link and the instructions and finally I created a custom tab,
with a custom group and a custom image within it. However there is a minor
problem yet:
I can't make it run an assigned macro. When I click the button I get an
error message "The macro cannot be found or has been disabled...", although
the macro is saved in Normal.dotm and all security restrictions are disabled.

Here is the script produced by Custom UI Editor (partially edited by me):
customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"
ribbon startFromScratch="false"
tabs
tab id="geotso" label="geotso"
group id="geotsoGroup" label="geotso"
button id="removeHyperlinks" label="Remove all hyperlinks"
image="testico" onAction="RemoveHyperlinks()" /
/group
/tab
/tabs
/ribbon
/customUI

and here is the macro:
Sub RemoveHyperlinks()
Dim oField As Field
For Each oField In ActiveDocument.Fields
If oField.Type = wdFieldHyperlink Then
oField.Unlink
End If
Next
Set oField = Nothing
End Sub

Could you help me a little more, please?

Thanks again
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

geotso wrote:
"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

In the Custom UI Editor, try removing the parentheses from the onAction
item:

onAction="RemoveHyperlinks"

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Do as Jay says and remove the parenthesis from the onAction statement. When
that is fixed and based on the code you posted the next error is going to be
"Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment."

Your macro in Normal.dotm needs the control passed as an argument:

Sub RemoveHyperlinks(control As IRibbonControl)
MsgBox "Test"

geotso wrote:
"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

By passing the control as an argument to the VBA callback you can using a
single procedure in your RibbonX. For example the following RibbonX uses
the same onAction callback "MyMultiPurposeMacro."

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?
customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"
ribbon startFromScratch="false"
tabs
tab id="geotso" label="geotso"
group id="geotsoGroup" label="geotso"
button id="BTN1" label="Remove Hyperlinks"
onAction="MyMultiPurposeMacro"/
button id="BTN2" label="Update Fields"
onAction="MyMultiPurposeMacro"/
button id="BTN3" label="Insert Date"
onAction="MyMultiPurposeMacro"/
button id="BTN4" label="Insert Time"
onAction="MyMultiPurposeMacro"/
/group
/tab
/tabs
/ribbon
/customUI

Sub MyMultiPurposeMacro(control As IRibbonControl)
Dim oField As Field
Select Case control.ID
Case "BTN1"
For Each oField In ActiveDocument.Fields
If oField.Type = wdFieldHyperlink Then
oField.Unlink
End If
Next
Case "BTN2"
For Each oField In ActiveDocument.Fields
oField.Update
Next
Case "BTN3"
Set oField = Selection.Fields.Add(Range:=Selection.Range,
Type:=wdFieldDate)
oField.Unlink
Case "BTN4"
Set oField = Selection.Fields.Add(Range:=Selection.Range,
Type:=wdFieldTime, Text:="\@ HH:mm")
oField.Unlink
End Select
Set oField = Nothing
End Sub

geotso wrote:
"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
geotso[_2_] geotso[_2_] is offline

Your macro in Normal.dotm needs the control passed as an argument:

Problem solved that way!
Thank you Greg; and for the sample script, too!

How can I see only my custom paragraph styles in a custom style se TCoop Microsoft Word Help 1 September 7th 09 08:45 AM
Custom Icons for Ribbon Buttons Bret Thompson Microsoft Word Help 3 February 26th 08 10:18 PM
Icons muffet Microsoft Word Help 0 July 16th 07 03:02 AM
Custom envelope printing, save custom size Mike Page Layout 2 August 15th 05 06:35 AM
Icons Jorge New Users 1 December 19th 04 03:28 PM