Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dystopia Dystopia is offline

Default Fix Date

I use the toolbar date insert function but when I re-open the document
it changes to the current date. I know there is a way of fixing the
date so that it remains as the original document but cannot remember
how. Can anyone help please?
--

Dystopia
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Press Alt+F9 to display the DATE field code and edit it to CREATEDATE. If
you're using a template for the document, change the field in the template.

http://word.mvps.org

"Dystopia" wrote in message
I use the toolbar date insert function but when I re-open the document
it changes to the current date. I know there is a way of fixing the
date so that it remains as the original document but cannot remember
how. Can anyone help please?
--

Dystopia

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 23:43:54 +0000, Dystopia wrote:

I use the toolbar date insert function but when I re-open the document
it changes to the current date. I know there is a way of fixing the
date so that it remains as the original document but cannot remember
how. Can anyone help please?

Right-click the date and choose Edit Field. Change the DATE code to
CREATEDATE and then press F9 to udpate the field.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...DateFields.htm for more
information.

--
Regards,