Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Egao No Genki Egao No Genki is offline

Default The "Final Showing Markup" change-tracking markups keep stubbornlyreappearing in pastes of text, and etc.

For a Creative Fiction Writing class assignment, I enabled "Track
Changes" and got the document to show all changes done to it, because
one of the final writing assignments was to print out a copy of the
paper with the changes highlighted.

I of course printed out the paper with the "Final," without showing
the change-tracking mark-ups.

Now, I plan to paste my story onto a blog. I hit a HUGE snag:

First of all, when I reopened my story, it was in the change-tracking
mode again, with all the changes highlighted, and etc. So I changed it
from "Final showing markup" to "Final," therefore removing ALL the
mark-ups that indicated changes to the documents. (Also, when I save
it in the view that does not show these change-tracking mark-ups,
close, and re-open the document, these change-tracking mark-ups
reappear.)

Then when I pasted my story, the WYSIWYG editor on Blogger.com showed
me all the underlines, strikethroughs, and mark-ups indicating changes
to the story. That was the snag.

How do I get it so that the document copies and pastes the CLEAN,
final text, without all those change-tracking mark-ups, onto my
blogsite's editor? I've been scouring throughout MS Word 2007's
functionality options and I'm not one step closer to solving this
problem so far.

Please help, so I can finally get this story posted online without any
trouble. Thanks,

-ENG
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Final showing markup and final are merely views of the same thing. If you
want to remove the tracking, you should turn off tracking and accept all the
changes. Do so in a copy of the document if you need to retain them for
whatever reason.