Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default I did it but I don't remember how!

A few years ago while working in tables I realized just how much I dislike
having to use Ctrl+Tab to move around in a table. So I somehow changed things
around so that instead of Ctrl+Tab, I was able to use Ctrl+; which lets me
tab with ease. Since I don't know a single thing about keyboard remapping,
that could not have been my approach. The configuration is still on my
computer at work, thankfully, but now I'm trying to do it at home.

Must be old age, because I don't remember how I did it. All I know is that
I did it pretty quickly then in order to keep my sanity during a long, long
document.

Can you please help me change my computer at home to do the same thing? And
thanks so much for being the best textbook in the world on Microsoft Word!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You would have used the Customise (Toolbar/Ribbon) dialog and chosen
Customise Keyboard, selected the All Commands under Category and then
searched down for 'NextCell' and assigned it the Ctrl+; shortcut.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Island Girl" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

But NextCell is not what she's looking for, as that's what you get when you
press Tab. She's looking for Ctrl+Tab. I tried to find out what this was
assigned to be entering it in Customize Keyboard, but nothing shows up for
"Currently assigned to," so I have no idea what the command name might be.

http://word.mvps.org

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Although my question was phrased confusingly, you came up with the answer to
the question I meant to ask. With miles of tables to go, I'm a lot less
frustrated now! Thanks a million, Terry, for all of your help through the
years!

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Suzanne, thanks so much for your response. In rereading my question, I
realize that in my frustration I stated it in a most confusing way. As it
turns out, though, a shortcut to get to the next cell was what I really meant
to say and Terry's solution worked fine.

I can't tell you how much I've learned from you over the years and how often
I refer to your online material. Thanks so very much!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Amish Amish is offline

[Ctrl]+[Tab] should be inserting a tab character into text within a
cell and just [Tab] should navigate to (and select any content in) the
next cell by default. Do you have some add-in selected that has
changed the default keys?

On Dec 17, 11:28*am, Island Girl
wrote:
A few years ago while working in tables I realized just how much I dislike
having to use Ctrl+Tab to move around in a table. So I somehow changed things
around so that instead of Ctrl+Tab, I was able to use Ctrl+; which lets me
tab with ease. * Since I don't know a single thing about keyboard remapping,
that could not have been my approach. The configuration is still on my
computer at work, thankfully, but now I'm trying to do it at home. *

Must be old age, because I don't remember how I did it. *All I know is that
I did it pretty quickly then in order to keep my sanity during a long, long
document. *

Can you please help me change my computer at home to do the same thing? *And
thanks so much for being the best textbook in the world on Microsoft Word!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

I apologize for taking so long to thank you for your reply. My problem was
solved in the meantime and I just this moment saw your reply. Again, thanks!