Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default book layout re page bottoms

I'm trying to typeset a book. I remember reading (I believe it was one of
Suzanne's great articles) about how to make sure the page bottoms line up.
Could you please either tell me how to do it or point me to the article?

I'm at the point now where I've read so much that I know absolutely nothing.

Thanks for being there!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you mean 'the last rows of text always align', then you need to turn off
Widows & Orphans for the paragraph style used for the text.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Island Girl" wrote in message
I'm trying to typeset a book. I remember reading (I believe it was one of
Suzanne's great articles) about how to make sure the page bottoms line up.
Could you please either tell me how to do it or point me to the article?

I'm at the point now where I've read so much that I know absolutely
nothing.

Thanks for being there!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The article is indeed Suzanne's, and it has more advice.
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 10:39:01 -0800, Island Girl
wrote:

Thank you so very much, Terry!

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

If you mean 'the last rows of text always align', then you need to turn off
Widows & Orphans for the paragraph style used for the text.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Island Girl" wrote in message
I'm trying to typeset a book. I remember reading (I believe it was one of
Suzanne's great articles) about how to make sure the page bottoms line up.
Could you please either tell me how to do it or point me to the article?

I'm at the point now where I've read so much that I know absolutely
nothing.

Thanks for being there!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Thanks a million, I was looking for that!!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

The article is indeed Suzanne's, and it has more advice.
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 10:39:01 -0800, Island Girl
wrote:

Thank you so very much, Terry!

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

If you mean 'the last rows of text always align', then you need to turn off
Widows & Orphans for the paragraph style used for the text.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Island Girl" wrote in message
I'm trying to typeset a book. I remember reading (I believe it was one of
Suzanne's great articles) about how to make sure the page bottoms line up.
Could you please either tell me how to do it or point me to the article?

I'm at the point now where I've read so much that I know absolutely
nothing.

Thanks for being there!

.

.

Page layout for a "book" Darrell Page Layout 1 August 17th 08 06:48 PM
Book layout Titus Page Layout 1 March 5th 07 05:28 AM
What is the cause of bottoms of letters not printing: e.g. g, y, Karen12 Microsoft Word Help 1 March 4th 07 12:52 AM
Paragraph overruns page margins in book layout Fiona Reeve Page Layout 8 December 9th 05 07:32 PM
Book Layout Bipsy Page Layout 1 June 14th 05 12:59 AM