Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
zyzzyva zyzzyva is offline

Default Date Field in Word 2007

How do I set up in a doc a Date Field that will always return this date one
month ago

For example,

instead of

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Instead of inserting the Date field, you need to insert the CreateDate
field. If you store the CreateDate field in your template and then open a
new document from the template, it will always display the date you created
the new document.

Meanwhile, if you select the Date field and press Shift+F9, it will display
the fieldcode behind. Change DATE to CREATEDATE and then use Shift+F9 to
display the field result again. It will then display the date you created
the document.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"zyzzyva" wrote in message

How do I set up in a doc a Date Field that will always return this date
one
month ago

For example,

instead of

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://www.gmayor.com/insert_a_date_...than_today.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"zyzzyva" wrote in message

How do I set up in a doc a Date Field that will always return this date
one
month ago

For example,

instead of

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi zyzzyva,

To see how to do this and just about everything else you might want to do with dates in Word, check out my Word Date Calculation
Tutorial, at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...owtopic=249902
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
In particular, look at the item titled 'Calculate a day, date, month and year, using n months delay'.

Do read the document's introductory material.

--
Cheers
macropod