Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John[_12_] John[_12_] is offline

Default Document created by older version of Word won't open

I'm currently using the version of Word contained in Office 2003. I have
some documents I created with earlier versions which no longer can be
opened. I get this error message:

"You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier
version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening in
this version by your registry policy setting."

How do I fix this? Thanks!

John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See "Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install
Office 2003 Service Pack 3" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=938810

http://word.mvps.org