Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Darcie Darcie is offline

Default Style menu: extra inserted items

Hi,

I get templates in Word from my boss.They have already chosen Style menu
options. But when I open the template, i see additional style menu options
that they never put in there. For example, I might see "o. body text" AND "o.
body text + BOLD." These options change depending on whether I am looking at
the template, or another Word doc I created by doing "Save as" from the
template. Even so, the orignial template I download has different options in
style menu from what my boss sent. It always ADDS more options, it doesn't
take them away. But I don't know which are legitimate formatting options for
our company.

I have a feeling that, in some cases, if I change some text to BOLD, for
example, all of a sudden it will create a new "o. body text + BOLD" choice
since I used it. I could be wrong. Does anyone know what is going on here? I
just want the style menu to look like the one my boss created and not to
change!

Thanks
Darcie
--