Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
S.V.C. S.V.C. is offline

Default Word does not overwritght highlighted texts

Click ToolsOptions, then on the Edit tab check "Typing replaces selected text"
--
S.V.C.

"Trollreign" wrote:

This problem first occured several weeks ago. If I highlight a text in
Microsoft Word 2003, and then start typing, the program does not overwright
the highlighted sections, but start to type before the highlighted text.

This is a problem for me, because a lot of times I need to modify existing
documents, and this slows down my work very much.

I hope somebody can help me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
S.V.C. S.V.C. is offline

For some reason the site was not updating on my end, nor were other responses
showing, even after refreshing. I assumed that something was wrong on my
end, so that nothing was being posted from my computer. Hence, the multiple
hours had passed, and the responses now here did not become visible on my end
until this morning, even after checking late last night.
--
S.V.C.

"Trollreign" wrote:

This problem first occured several weeks ago. If I highlight a text in
Microsoft Word 2003, and then start typing, the program does not
overwright
the highlighted sections, but start to type before the highlighted text.

This is a problem for me, because a lot of times I need to modify
existing
documents, and this slows down my work very much.

I hope somebody can help me.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, get ready to see a lot more of this, as MS claims that in a
couple of weeks these newsgroups will no longer be newsgroups, but
accessible only through the evidently seriously damaged MS web page.

How many times do you propose to answer this question?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are mistaken. As of June 1, these NGs may well survive as NGs (on Usenet
generally and on sites such as Google Groups), but the msnews server will be
shut down, so they will not be available there. At the same time, the
Communities forums that mirror the NGs (which I assume is what you mean by
"the evidently seriously damaged MS web page") will also be shut down, so
these NGs will not be available that way, either. The only Word support will
be through three forums at the Answers site:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...ult.aspx#tab=2 or
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...ory/officeword

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
How many times do you propose to answer this question?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Oh. That sounds a lot better than the way the MS announcement here had
it (which generated no comments; the comments were on an incidental
remark of Graham's as he answered a question).

Who's going to provide the "Answers" there?

On May 18, 12:54*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
You are mistaken. As of June 1, these NGs may well survive as NGs (on Usenet
generally and on sites such as Google Groups), but the msnews server will be
shut down, so they will not be available there. At the same time, the
Communities forums that mirror the NGs (which I assume is what you mean by
"the evidently seriously damaged MS web page") will also be shut down, so
these NGs will not be available that way, either. The only Word support will
be through three forums at the Answers site:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...ory/officeword

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
How many times do you propose to answer this question?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Many of those who post answers here are already providing answers there. In
addition, MS has hired some contractors who provide "answers" and then mark
them as "the answer" (whether they are or not). I know you're not interested
in NNTP access, but there is an NNTP Bridge for those who like to connect
that way. You will *not* be able to access Answers via Google Groups,
however (at least I don't think so), as they are moderated forums.

On May 18, 9:43 am, S.V.C. wrote:

For some reason the site was not updating on my end, nor were other
showing, even after refreshing. I assumed that something was wrong on my
end, so that nothing was being posted from my computer. Hence, the
multiple
five