Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jennie jennie is offline

Default Mail Merge

(Word '07) How do I eliminate the empty space left when a mail merge field is
blank?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you talking about a line, or just a space in the one line?

You would however you an If...then...Else field construction

{ IF { MERGEFIELD nameoffieldthatmightbeblank } = "" "{ MERGEFIELD
nextmergefield }" "{ MERGEFIELD nameoffieldthatmightbeblank }¶
{ MERGFIELD nextmergefield }" }

Everything up to the ¶ shown above needs to be on the one line and in place
of the ¶, press the Enter key or Shift+Enter

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { } and you use
Alt+F9 to toggle off their display.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.