Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jonathan589 Jonathan589 is offline

Default Footnotes vanish from WD2007 to WD2003?

In WD2007 I am writing a long document made up nearly entirely of tables on
every page and with a couple of hundred footnotes scattered through the file.
It looks fine and dandy, but at the moment I have no printer, so I transfer
the file to a WD2003 machine, with the MS Compatability pack in it, or I save
the file as a WD97-2003 format. Either way I get a .doc to print. Neither way
does it show the footnotes. They're there, and show if I hover over the
footnote mark, or if I use Normal view, but they vanish (and the doc shortens
by five pages) in Print Layout view or when printed.

The rows fit the pages, and the tables split themselves between pages, but
even if I split them deliberately, it does not bring my footnotes back.
Please would someone suggest where I should look next?