Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
FJM FJM is offline

Default footer - IF condition

I am using Word 2003
I have a 10 page document which starts a footer at page 2 (the front page is
a "cover" page only
I want the footer on page 2 to read as follows
Page 2 (The next page is 3)
I then want to continue with this format i.e
Page 3 will read
Page 3 (The next page is 4)
I want this to continue until I reach page 10 where I want it to read
Page 10 (End )

This is so if I have to add any documents then I can still maintain
integrity and succesion without having to reprint the whole of the document

The first part Page 2 etc I am OK with.
It is the second part where I am increasing the page number by 1 and
forcing the text on the last page to alter where I have a problem
I have looked at some of the help and have tried several times to use
advanced field properties to include the following IF statement to make the
second part work
If PAGE NumPages "Page Number is {PAGE}+1" "End"
I cannot get any combination of these characters to work
Can anyone help with what is probably a very simple piece of code
Thank you for any replies

footer - IF condition FJM Page Layout 5 March 23rd 10 03:54 PM
MERGEFIELD on Condition omsoft Mailmerge 11 February 18th 09 07:55 PM
IF Condition Question Trudy Mailmerge 3 June 14th 06 02:45 PM
Multiple IF condition Susan Mailmerge 2 February 14th 06 07:26 AM
Double condition for merge dixie Mailmerge 1 February 18th 05 09:02 AM