Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dyadiddy dyadiddy is offline

Default Different page numbering in sections

In Word 2007, my page numbering is correct in section2 (beginning at 1,
different first page). I want to eliminate all page numbering from section1,
but how? I tried "Remove page numbering" - no effect. If I select the page
number in the footer, it disappears from the entire document even though
section2 footer is *not* "same as previous". I tried inserting { IF { PAGE }
5 ""} in the footer and got that in place of the number!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You must unlink the Section 2 footer from the Section 1 footer before you
can delete the page number from Section 1.

http://word.mvps.org

"dyadiddy" wrote in message
In Word 2007, my page numbering is correct in section2 (beginning at 1,
different first page). I want to eliminate all page numbering from
section1,
but how? I tried "Remove page numbering" - no effect. If I select the page
number in the footer, it disappears from the entire document even though
section2 footer is *not* "same as previous". I tried inserting { IF {
PAGE }
5 ""} in the footer and got that in place of the number!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dyadiddy dyadiddy is offline

Thanks for the call-out from Alabama .

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You must unlink the Section 2 footer from the Section 1 footer before you
can delete the page number from Section 1.

Yes, but how is the question. Since, as stated above, the first page footer
for section2 already does *not* have the "same as previous" tab (although the
header does...), and when I click on LinktoPreviousSection button it asks me
if I want to delete the current header and footer, and connect to the
previous section (which I don't want to do).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If they're not linked, then you should be able to change the content of the
footer in Section 1 without affecting the footer in Section 2.

http://word.mvps.org