Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Wizzo Wizzo is offline

Default Quick Part page layouts

I am trying to set up a template in Word 2007, with protected styles, that
has Quick Part items that insert a custom layout (margins, header, footer,
page nos. etc) in either landscape or portrait orientation.

One QP would insert a section with portrait layout (with a different first
page).

The second QP would insert a new page section in landscape (with different
margins etc.)

The final QP would insert a new page section in portrait (with the same
margins etc., as the first section).

The second and third QP would not have a different first page.

I have tried various techniques but cannot succeed. Any ideas?

Wizzo
--
cheer up it could be worse - I did and it was...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you want a Quick Part (Building Block) to insert section formatting, you
must create it so that it includes at least one actual section break. Note,
however, that since each section break stores the formatting of the previous
section, this is likely to be very confusing for users. Creating macros
would probably be easier.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Wizzo" wrote in message
news
I am trying to set up a template in Word 2007, with protected styles, that
has Quick Part items that insert a custom layout (margins, header, footer,
page nos. etc) in either landscape or portrait orientation.

One QP would insert a section with portrait layout (with a different first
page).

The second QP would insert a new page section in landscape (with different
margins etc.)

The final QP would insert a new page section in portrait (with the same
margins etc., as the first section).

The second and third QP would not have a different first page.

I have tried various techniques but cannot succeed. Any ideas?

Wizzo
--
cheer up it could be worse - I did and it was...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Wizzo Wizzo is offline

You are right that when a saved Quick Part section is inserted into the
document it applies the layout, header and footer of the saved section. Most
confusing (and frustrating) for the user. I guess a macro is the way to go.
Thank you for the confirmation that I was doing all I could with Quick
Parts.
I guess it's macros now.
Thanks again Stefan
Wizzo
--

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you want a Quick Part (Building Block) to insert section formatting, you
must create it so that it includes at least one actual section break. Note,
however, that since each section break stores the formatting of the previous
section, this is likely to be very confusing for users. Creating macros
would probably be easier.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Wizzo" wrote in message
news
I am trying to set up a template in Word 2007, with protected styles, that
has Quick Part items that insert a custom layout (margins, header, footer,
page nos. etc) in either landscape or portrait orientation.

One QP would insert a section with portrait layout (with a different first
page).

The second QP would insert a new page section in landscape (with different
margins etc.)

The final QP would insert a new page section in portrait (with the same
margins etc., as the first section).

The second and third QP would not have a different first page.

I have tried various techniques but cannot succeed. Any ideas?

Wizzo
--
cheer up it could be worse - I did and it was...

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you need assistance, you may want to ask in a programming newsgroup such
as microsoft.public.word.vba.general.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you want a Quick Part (Building Block) to insert section formatting,
you
must create it so that it includes at least one actual section break.
Note,
however, that since each section break stores the formatting of the
previous
section, this is likely to be very confusing for users. Creating macros
would probably be easier.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP