Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Liz Liz is offline

Default format end notes to appear at the chapter, not end of document?

I need my end notes to appear at the end of each chapter. Word puts them at
the end of the document. Can I do this manualy, or is there a shortcut
format I can use?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Right-click an endnote and choose Note Options from the context menu. At
"Location," choose "End of document." Make sure that "Apply changes to"
reads "Whole document"; then click Apply.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Liz" wrote in message
I need my end notes to appear at the end of each chapter. Word puts them
at
the end of the document. Can I do this manualy, or is there a shortcut
format I can use?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...TextAfterNotes.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Liz wrote:
I need my end notes to appear at the end of each chapter. Word puts
them at the end of the document. Can I do this manualy, or is there
a shortcut format I can use?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Have you selected "End of section" in the Footnote and Endnote dialog? Do
you have section breaks between chapters?

http://word.mvps.org

"Liz" wrote in message
I need my end notes to appear at the end of each chapter. Word puts them
at
the end of the document. Can I do this manualy, or is there a shortcut
format I can use?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Of course, I meant to write that you should choose "End of section." As
Suzanne points out in her reply, you must also add section breaks (at the
appropriate locations) for this to work.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP