Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Jane Mary Jane is offline

Default Changing margins on different pages in document templates.

I was wondering how you change the margins for different pages in a template.
Specifically, my firm is using a letterhead for the first page but blank
pages after that so the header and footer margins on the first page ONLY must
be larger than normal, while the following pages are fine with default
settings for the margins. How do you do this and save it as a template?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm, especially the "More
complex letterhead" section.

http://word.mvps.org

"Mary Jane" Mary Jane @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I was wondering how you change the margins for different pages in a
template.
Specifically, my firm is using a letterhead for the first page but blank
pages after that so the header and footer margins on the first page ONLY
must
be larger than normal, while the following pages are fine with default
settings for the margins. How do you do this and save it as a template?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Actually, the margin _setting_ would not change, but the depth of the header
on the first page would be would be different from the main header's. See
how to do it he