Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
William William is offline

Default HEADER ISSUE

I have a document in which the First Page has a different header than the
other pages. However, there a second SECTION of the document that changes to
Landscape format, and the first page header shows up on that page, too. I
tried deleting the header on the first page of second section, but it deletes
the header on the first page of the document as well. I just want the header
on the very first page of the document. Help?!

William
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You will have to unlink the first page header of your landscape section. For
Word 2007: On the Header & Footer Tools Design tab, clear Link to Previous.
(If you are using Word 2003, use the Link to Previous / Same as Previous
button on the Header and Footer toolbar.)

After you've unlinked the first page header, you can delete its contents.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"William" wrote in message
I have a document in which the First Page has a different header than the
other pages. However, there a second SECTION of the document that changes
Landscape format, and the first page header shows up on that page, too. I
tried deleting the header on the first page of second section, but it
deletes
the header on the first page of the document as well. I just want the
header
on the very first page of the document. Help?!

William

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"William" wrote in message
Thanks so much!
--
William

"William" wrote in message
I have a document in which the First Page has a different header than
the
other pages. However, there a second SECTION of the document that
changes
Landscape format, and the first page header shows up on that page, too.
tried deleting the header on the first page of second section, but it
deletes
the header on the first page of the document as well. I just want the
header
on the very first page of the document. Help?!

William

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"William" wrote in message
Thanks so much!
--
William

"William" wrote in message
I have a document in which the First Page has a different header than
the
other pages. However, there a second SECTION of the document that
changes
Landscape format, and the first page header shows up on that page, too.
tried deleting the header on the first page of second section, but it
deletes
the header on the first page of the document as well. I just want the
header
on the very first page of the document. Help?!

William

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Alternatively, if the landscape section doesn't need a different header on
the first page, disable "Different first page" for that section.

http://word.mvps.org

"William" wrote in message
Thanks so much!
--
William

"William" wrote in message
I have a document in which the First Page has a different header than
the
other pages. However, there a second SECTION of the document that
changes
Landscape format, and the first page header shows up on that page, too.
tried deleting the header on the first page of second section, but it
deletes
the header on the first page of the document as well. I just want the
header
on the very first page of the document. Help?!

William

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Alternatively, if the landscape section doesn't need a different header on
the first page, disable "Different first page" for that section.

http://word.mvps.org

"William" wrote in message
Thanks so much!
--
William

"William" wrote in message
I have a document in which the First Page has a different header than
the
other pages. However, there a second SECTION of the document that
changes
Landscape format, and the first page header shows up on that page, too.
tried deleting the header on the first page of second section, but it
deletes
the header on the first page of the document as well. I just want the
header
on the very first page of the document. Help?!

William

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
William William is offline

thanks very much!
--
William

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Alternatively, if the landscape section doesn't need a different header on
the first page, disable "Different first page" for that section.

http://word.mvps.org

"William" wrote in message
Thanks so much!
--
William

"William" wrote in message
I have a document in which the First Page has a different header than
the
other pages. However, there a second SECTION of the document that
changes
Landscape format, and the first page header shows up on that page, too.
tried deleting the header on the first page of second section, but it
deletes
the header on the first page of the document as well. I just want the
header
on the very first page of the document. Help?!

William

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
William William is offline

thanks very much!
--
William

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Alternatively, if the landscape section doesn't need a different header on
the first page, disable "Different first page" for that section.

http://word.mvps.org

"William" wrote in message
Thanks so much!
--
William

HEADER issue William Page Layout 3 July 20th 09 07:53 PM
header issue Mikey Page Layout 1 February 12th 09 12:57 AM
header issue Joyce Page Layout 1 December 12th 08 03:22 AM
header issue Ken Microsoft Word Help 2 May 24th 07 12:56 AM
header issue JIP Tables 7 May 30th 06 11:25 PM