Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Summing multiple fields on a form Summing multiple fields on a form is offline

Default Footers

How do I add a footer that has the path and page numbers (pg 1 of 15)? I am
new to 2007, Pls Help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The simplest method is probably to open the footer and type CTRL+F9 twice
which will give you {}{}
In front of the first bracket type pg between the first pair type Page,
between the two sets type ' of ' and between the second pair type NumPages
thus
pg {Page} of {Numpages}
Select and Press F9 to update then press Alt+F9 to display the results and
close the footer.

t.com wrote in message
How do I add a footer that has the path and page numbers (pg 1 of 15)? I
am
new to 2007, Pls Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Summing multiple fields on a form Summing multiple fields on a form is offline

Thx Graham, What I need to know is how to put the file path and the page
numbers in the footer. Under footer, there is an option that lets me add the
page x of x. but I can add a path. As a matter of fact, I dont even see
where you can add that info. In 2003, it was under custom. I dont see a
custom footer here in 2007. Do you know how I can add the file path and pages
numbers in one footer?

t.com wrote in message
How do I add a footer that has the path and page numbers (pg 1 of 15)? I
am
new to 2007, Pls Help.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

With the selection in the footer at the required location, from the Insert
section of the Header & Footer Tools Design tab of the ribbon, click on the
Quick Parts item and then on Field and then select the FileName item and
click on OK.

Alternatively, press Ctrl+F9 to insert a pair of field delimiters { } and
inside them type filename or filename \p if you want the path as well as the
filename.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

t.com wrote in message
How do I add a footer that has the path and page numbers (pg 1 of 15)?
am
new to 2007, Pls Help.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The path is simply another field add another bracket pair (ctrl+F9) and type
Filename /p between the brackets.
You can then save the combined construction as either an autotext/building
block or a formatted autocorrect entry for ease of re-insertion.

t.com wrote in message
How do I add a footer that has the path and page numbers (pg 1 of 15)?
am
new to 2007, Pls Help.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...002951033.aspx for a
template from which you can copy the "Filename and Path" building block.

http://word.mvps.org

Footers Legal Lady Microsoft Word Help 1 March 27th 09 02:57 PM
footers Graycie Page Layout 1 September 27th 08 09:06 PM
Footers Larry Davis Page Layout 1 November 29th 07 02:17 AM
Footers lglbgl Microsoft Word Help 1 November 4th 05 06:35 PM