Shane Rolle Shane Rolle is offline
Junior Member

Default Auto Create a Word Document based on Check Boxes

Hello everyone,

I want to start out by saying this is my first post, so at the chance that this is in the wrong spot, feel free to move it and inform me of where I should have posted it to begin with.

I had a coworker ask me for help the other day with the way we currently edit sales proposals. Essentially we currently have a standard proposal document, and a standard scope document. Each of these documents are multiple pages and have many lines outlining what we plan to do for our customer, the pricing, etc.

The current issue is that each time we want to send these out to a prospective customer, our sales team prints them out, marks them up with what they do and don't need, and sends it to my coworker. She then takes their printed page, and in Word manually removes the lines that are not needed and inputs the values that need changed.

Is there any way that we can create this so that the sales department can go through a sort of check list that allows them to check the boxes that correspond to the line of text that they do or do not want? Then we can create or refresh the form based on that, and have it only include the rows they need, therefore removing the need for us to print it, correct it, and then modify it, and instead just have the sales department click those check boxes doing the whole process right from the start?

I am not sure that a check box system is even the correct way to do this, or if it is possible in general. Please feel free to suggest a better way to do this, or point me in the right direction with the checklist idea.

Also - here is a quote from my coworker to help you get a better idea of what we are looking for.

"Does Word give you some options to create a template where the guys can click (select with a checkmark?) which lines they want to appear, we can “refresh” it, and the stuff we didn’t check would disappear?"

I appreciate any possible help, and if you need any additional info feel free to ask!

Thank you!
Shane