Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rob van Albada Rob van Albada is offline

Default Word prints blank pages

Hi,

I copied a document to a new file under a different name, made some
ajustments (single column instead of two, larger font) and printed the
complete document. I interrupted the process after four pages came out
entirely blank.
A second time the same thing happened.
I work with Word-2007 under Vista-SP1.

On screen, the background color is blue, the font color white.
Has something gone wrong here?
What should I do to get rid of this problem?

Thanks for your advice,

kind regards,

Rob.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Can you see the text in Print Preview?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rob van Albada" wrote in message
Hi,

I copied a document to a new file under a different name, made some
ajustments (single column instead of two, larger font) and printed the
complete document. I interrupted the process after four pages came out
entirely blank.
A second time the same thing happened.
I work with Word-2007 under Vista-SP1.

On screen, the background color is blue, the font color white.
Has something gone wrong here?
What should I do to get rid of this problem?

Thanks for your advice,

kind regards,

Rob.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You need to check the option to print background colours. By default,
background colours are only for HTML (web) pages, so do not get printed.
Without that option enabled, your printer is printing white text on a white
background (i.e. it is printing nothing), so it works!

Just go to Print Options and check the 'Print Background Colours and Images'
option.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Rob van Albada" wrote in message
Hi,

I copied a document to a new file under a different name, made some
ajustments (single column instead of two, larger font) and printed the
complete document. I interrupted the process after four pages came out
entirely blank.
A second time the same thing happened.
I work with Word-2007 under Vista-SP1.

On screen, the background color is blue, the font color white.
Has something gone wrong here?
What should I do to get rid of this problem?

Thanks for your advice,

kind regards,

Rob.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rob van Albada Rob van Albada is offline

Yes, in Print Preview the text is white on a blue background.
In Concept, the text is white on white, i.e. invisible.

BTW, I am speaking about a HTML-file.

When I follow Terry's advice, the print is white of a greyish
background (B/W laser printer).

What I want is black print on a white page.

Kind regards,

Rob.

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 13:11:42 +0200, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:

Can you see the text in Print Preview?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rob van Albada" wrote in message
Hi,

I copied a document to a new file under a different name, made some
ajustments (single column instead of two, larger font) and printed the
complete document. I interrupted the process after four pages came out
entirely blank.
A second time the same thing happened.
I work with Word-2007 under Vista-SP1.

On screen, the background color is blue, the font color white.
Has something gone wrong here?
What should I do to get rid of this problem?

Thanks for your advice,

kind regards,

Rob.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Rob,

It can depend on whether you're using a Word created HTML file or something you pasted in from the web and what result you want on
the approach you may want to take.

Under Office Button=Word Options=Advanced=Compatibility Options
you can click on [+]Layout Options to expand the tree and turn on
[x] Print colors as black on noncolor printers

If you want to preserve the layout, but change the text color, you may want to try using Ctrl+A to select all text in the document
then use Format=Font to set the color to black or 'Automatic'

If you want to use the text, but clean things up first from being a web page then the steps in these Word MVP articles may help
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Clean_Up_Text.htm

============
"Rob van Albada" wrote in message ...
Yes, in Print Preview the text is white on a blue background.
In Concept, the text is white on white, i.e. invisible.

BTW, I am speaking about a HTML-file.

When I follow Terry's advice, the print is white of a greyish
background (B/W laser printer).

What I want is black print on a white page.

Kind regards,

Rob.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you tried setting the color to "Auto" instead of white (and then
turning off the option to print the background)?

--

wrote:

Can you see the text in Print Preview?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rob van Albada" wrote in message
Hi,

I copied a document to a new file under a different name, made some
ajustments (single column instead of two, larger font) and printed the
complete document. I interrupted the process after four pages came out
entirely blank.
A second time the same thing happened.
I work with Word-2007 under Vista-SP1.

On screen, the background color is blue, the font color white.
Has something gone wrong here?
What should I do to get rid of this problem?

Thanks for your advice,

kind regards,

Rob.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rob van Albada Rob van Albada is offline

Hi Bob,

No, my text has not been pasted from the web.

I tried following you advice, but the result was black text on a
greyish background. Then I remembered that the print option 'print
background colours' was still on.
I unchecked it, and the result was black on white, just what I need!

Thanks for the tip!

Kind regards,

Rob.

NB

When I set the text colour to Auto, it wil be black on a blue
background, i.e. on screen it will not be acceptable.