Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Noni in Hurst Noni in Hurst is offline

Default Margins

I have Microsoft Office 2007 (Vista) and am having a frequent problem getting
Word to recognize margin settings. I've been through the "help" menu many
times. Followed all the corrective steps but still have the problem. All
settings appear correct, Word just ignores them.

Example: Before I began typing, I set one-inch left and right margins at
the top of the current document (a letter in modified block form). Until it
got to the end of the first line in the body of the letter and performed a
systematic text wrap, Word acted like the left margin was set at two inches.

My letter looks like the inside address, salutation and first line of text
is indented an inch, with everything after that at the left margin.

Any suggestions??