Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Norbert Norbert is offline

Default Remove blank line after a table.

Does anyone know how to supress the blank line after a table. I make forms
and when I use a table to the top and bottom margins of the page, Word
insists on placing a blank line after the table causing the document to be
two pages instead of one.

I have been complaining to Microsoft about this since MS Works. Anyone have
any ideas?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Remove blank line after a table.

Yes, I can definitely help you with that! Here's how you can remove the blank line after a table in Microsoft Word:
  1. Click anywhere in the table that you want to modify.
  2. Go to the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Properties" in the "Table" group.
  4. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, click on the "Row" tab.
  5. Under "Row height", make sure that "Exactly" is selected.
  6. In the "At" field, enter "0" (zero) and make sure that "Measure in" is set to "Exactly".
  7. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

This should remove the blank line after the table. If you still see a blank line, try adjusting the margins of your document. Sometimes, Word will add a blank line to ensure that the table doesn't overlap with the footer or header of the document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

Norbert,

You might consider creating a new style called "After Table Paragraph," and
then in its font's menu check "Hidden." Select the paragraph mark after each
table and make it this new style.

Steven Craig Miller

"Norbert" wrote:

Does anyone know how to supress the blank line after a table. I make forms
and when I use a table to the top and bottom margins of the page, Word
insists on placing a blank line after the table causing the document to be
two pages instead of one.

I have been complaining to Microsoft about this since MS Works. Anyone have
any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Norbert Norbert is offline

Thanks Steven. I have tried this method to no avail. What I end up doing is
setting the font to 1pt and 0 before and after spacing. Not perfect, but the
only workaround I have been able to devise in the last 16 years that works.

"Norbert" wrote:

Does anyone know how to supress the blank line after a table. I make forms
and when I use a table to the top and bottom margins of the page, Word
insists on placing a blank line after the table causing the document to be
two pages instead of one.

I have been complaining to Microsoft about this since MS Works. Anyone have
any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

Norbert,

I guess you sucked me in. I should have paid more attention to your
statement "I have been complaining to Microsoft about this since MS Works."
so as to realize that you have already seen all the standard work-arounds.
Setting it at 1 point was going to be my second suggestion.

Steven Craig Miller

"Norbert" wrote:

Does anyone know how to supress the blank line after a table. I make forms
and when I use a table to the top and bottom margins of the page, Word
insists on placing a blank line after the table causing the document to be
two pages instead of one.

I have been complaining to Microsoft about this since MS Works. Anyone have
any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Norbert Norbert is offline

Not a problem Steven. No deception intended. I'm just a little tired of
dealing with what should be an advanced suppression setting. I thought maybe
some of the gurus had a better workaround for 2007.

Have a great weekend!

"Norbert" wrote:

Does anyone know how to supress the blank line after a table. I make forms
and when I use a table to the top and bottom margins of the page, Word
insists on placing a blank line after the table causing the document to be
two pages instead of one.

I have been complaining to Microsoft about this since MS Works. Anyone have
any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

For what it's worth, the fix you have been using is documented he
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP