Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rolfie Rolfie is offline

Default Gridline pattern - impossible to remove

When I open a new empty word document or open an already existing document,
which was OK in the past, the page is filled with a squared gridline pattern
which is, at least for me, impossible to get rid off.

It does'nt show up in preview or when printing the document but it is very
annoying whe editing. It has nothing to do with non-printable character or
inserted picture.

How do I remove the gridline pattern? Any help

tia

Rolfie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Gridlines is controlled by the Drawing Menu, usually at the bottom of the
Word window if the toolbar is activated. Drawing Grid dialog box , at the
bottom, Display gridlines on screen.

If you are turnin g this off but they reappear when you open new session
maybe this needs turning off in the Normal.dot, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocnotblank.htm

Hope this helps
DeanH

"Rolfie" wrote:

When I open a new empty word document or open an already existing document,
which was OK in the past, the page is filled with a squared gridline pattern
which is, at least for me, impossible to get rid off.

It does'nt show up in preview or when printing the document but it is very
annoying whe editing. It has nothing to do with non-printable character or
inserted picture.

How do I remove the gridline pattern? Any help

tia

Rolfie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rolfie Rolfie is offline

Thanks DeanH,

you solved my problem!

Rolfie

"Rolfie" wrote:

When I open a new empty word document or open an already existing
document,
which was OK in the past, the page is filled with a squared gridline
pattern
which is, at least for me, impossible to get rid off.

It does'nt show up in preview or when printing the document but it is
very
annoying whe editing. It has nothing to do with non-printable character
or
inserted picture.

How do I remove the gridline pattern? Any help

tia

Rolfie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline