Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ande Ande is offline

Default A couple of Word 2007 issues

1. I set my View Page to Page Width. Yet, each time I open word, it is like
rolling dice. It never opens with the same View setting. Why won't word
2007 keep the view page setting I set-up?

2. I can never find the "Select Table" function. It's like I need a secret
decoder ring to find what used to be straight forward menu items.

3. Plus, my default page layout seems to be randomly reset. For example; I
use a .7" Margin for my default. Somehow, this changes to 1" without any
reason I can see.

4. Even my Default Fonts keep getting reset to the "New" Calibri Font,
which I do not use.

Office 2007 takes me twice as long to do just about anything, if I can
figure out how. Now I see why my customers are refusing to upgrade.

Thanks
--
Life is an adventure with God leading.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Have you changed the settings in Normal.dotm (or by changing defaults) or
just in a single document?

http://word.mvps.org

"Ande" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ande Ande is offline

I go into the set-up/configuration for Fonts and Page Setup for Margins.
After making my changes I click on "Default" and get a dialog box saying that
the changes will affect all documents after I continue.
--

"Ande" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

They should affect *new* documents but have no effect on existing ones. If
you're not seeing the settings in new documents, then it may be that
something is preventing Normal.dotm from being saved.

http://word.mvps.org