Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kim kim is offline

Default IF THEN problem

I have a user asking how to do this and I don't know how

They have to do a mail merge where there is a record in Excel for each user.
There are different number of users from each school. They want one letter
per school, listing all the users for that school.

Can you do this with an IF, THEN statement?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

You can use Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility for this (the terminolgy depends on the Word version). To see how, check
out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with it.

--
Cheers
macropod