Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vaughn Vaughn is offline

Default Formatting footers when using mail merge in word 2007

I need to know if there is a way when using mail merge with multiple records
in the datasource can I have the 2nd set for documents show a different
footer on the first page. For example I have a document that prints one
document for each record. The first page of the document has a barcode added
in the footer. When I merge Word creates 2 documents and barcode is on both.
I need the barcode to only be on the first page of the first document.
--
Vaughn Silcox
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Vaughn,

You can use an IF field to control the barcode display. A suitable field code might be:
{IF{=MOD({PAGE},2)}= 1 "Your barcode goes here"}
or, if there's a Section break between the pages:
{IF{=MOD({SECTION},2)}= 1 "Your barcode goes here"}

If your barcode is derived from a mergefield, simply place that field where indicated.

Note: The field brace pairs (ie '{ }') for the above examples are created via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them or copy & paste
them from this message. Pay careful attention to the spaces in the field code too.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Vaughn" wrote in message news
I need to know if there is a way when using mail merge with multiple records
in the datasource can I have the 2nd set for documents show a different
footer on the first page. For example I have a document that prints one
document for each record. The first page of the document has a barcode added
in the footer. When I merge Word creates 2 documents and barcode is on both.
I need the barcode to only be on the first page of the first document.
--
Vaughn Silcox

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vaughn Vaughn is offline

Unfortunately merging the document and adding the barcode is all done in an
automated process. I would some way to format the footer so that when the
document is merged and then the barcode added by the automated process that
it did not recreate the barcode on each individual document.

--
Vaughn Silcox

"macropod" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Vaughn,

You would make those mods to the mailmerge main document, not the output. Of course, if you don't have access to the mailmerge main
document used by the application that generates the letters (or it doesn't exist, because the documents are created on the fly),
then there's nothing much you can do at the front end, so to speak. Instead, you'd need to edit the output - the field codes
wouldn't be suitable for that.

So, do you access to the mailmerge main document?

--
Cheers
macropod