Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CJGallant CJGallant is offline

Default Creating sequentially numbered tickets in Word

I am creating tickets using Word. I have designed the ticket and have 4
tickets to a page. I have created a lits of 1-200 to merge into the tickets.
When I preview the merge all 4 tickets on the first page are numbered 1, all
4 tickets on the next page are numbered 2, etc. What I want to happen is the
4 tickets on page 1 are numbered 1 through 4. The next 4 tickets on page 2
are numbered 5-8, etc. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You need a Next record field ( { NEXT } field ) at the beginning of
tickets 2,3, and 4 in your mail merge main document.

e.g. click at the beginning of ticket 2, use ctrl-F9 to insert a pair of
the special field code braces {}, and type NEXT between them. Then
repeat for tickets 3 and 4.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

On 09/10/2009 16:12, CJGallant wrote:
I am creating tickets using Word. I have designed the ticket and have 4
tickets to a page. I have created a lits of 1-200 to merge into the tickets.
When I preview the merge all 4 tickets on the first page are numbered 1, all
4 tickets on the next page are numbered 2, etc. What I want to happen is the
4 tickets on page 1 are numbered 1 through 4. The next 4 tickets on page 2
are numbered 5-8, etc. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CJGallant CJGallant is offline

This almost does it. The first page of tickets is numbered 1 -4. Now when I
preview the second page of tickets they start at 2 and go to 5. Is there
something else I'm missing?

"Peter Jamieson" wrote

You need a Next record field ( { NEXT } field ) at the beginning of
tickets 2,3, and 4 in your mail merge main document.

e.g. click at the beginning of ticket 2, use ctrl-F9 to insert a pair of
the special field code braces {}, and type NEXT between them. Then
repeat for tickets 3 and 4.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

On 09/10/2009 16:12, CJGallant wrote:
I am creating tickets using Word. I have designed the ticket and have 4
tickets to a page. I have created a lits of 1-200 to merge into the tickets.
When I preview the merge all 4 tickets on the first page are numbered 1, all
4 tickets on the next page are numbered 2, etc. What I want to happen is the
4 tickets on page 1 are numbered 1 through 4. The next 4 tickets on page 2
are numbered 5-8, etc. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You must execute the merge either to a printer or to a new document. All
that you are doing, is as you say, previewing the results and stepping
through the record one at a time, which is all that the preview facility can
do.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.