Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
roshak31 roshak31 is offline

Default one name many DetentionsÂ*

We have an excel spreadsheet for detentions . We would like to export them
into word with out having to repeat the students name currently the fields are

Student Name Date of incident Incident Consequence
Doe, Jane 1/26/2009 Swearing Detention
Doe, Jane 1/28/2009 Inappropriate dress Detention
Doe, Jane 2/5/2009 3 unexcused late
Detention

example:

Parents of Student Name

Your child has recieve the following detentions

Date of incident Incident Consequence
Date of incident Incident Consequence
Date of incident Incident Consequence
I would like it to display 1 incedent or 20

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

--
Mark Roshak
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default one name many Detentions

Maybe you could hold back from detaining people on the grounds you
mention at least until you can learn to spell "recieve" and "incedent'
correctly?

Peter Jamieson

On 12/10/2009 18:44, roshak31 wrote:
We have an excel spreadsheet for detentions . We would like to export them
into word with out having to repeat the students name currently the fields are

Student Name Date of incident Incident Consequence
Doe, Jane 1/26/2009 Swearing Detention
Doe, Jane 1/28/2009 Inappropriate dress Detention
Doe, Jane 2/5/2009 3 unexcused late
Detention

example:

Parents of Student Name

Your child has recieve the following detentions

Date of incident Incident Consequence
Date of incident Incident Consequence
Date of incident Incident Consequence
I would like it to display 1 incedent or 20

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi roshak31,

You can use Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility for this (the terminolgy depends on the Word version). To see how, check
out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with it.

--
Cheers
macropod

"roshak31" wrote in message ...
We have an excel spreadsheet for detentions . We would like to export them
into word with out having to repeat the students name currently the fields are

Student Name Date of incident Incident Consequence
Doe, Jane 1/26/2009 Swearing Detention
Doe, Jane 1/28/2009 Inappropriate dress Detention
Doe, Jane 2/5/2009 3 unexcused late
Detention

example:

Parents of Student Name

Your child has recieve the following detentions

Date of incident Incident Consequence
Date of incident Incident Consequence
Date of incident Incident Consequence